- Trade register of the German International School Pvt. Ltd. on 16.10.2009
- Admission for the application process of the ZfA (Central Agency for Schools Abroad) guided by Siegfried Huber (representatives of ZfA Asia and that time principal of the German School NewDelhi)
- Inauguration of the school building in Neelankarai on 24.01.2010
- Financial support by the Consulate General in Chennai, represented by the then Consul General Mr. Hans-Burkhard Sauerteig, expressing the recognition of the sustainability of the school model
- Membership at the ISA [International School Association] on 08.02.2010
- Setup of kindergarten, preschool and primary school
- Successful ending of the first school year for 15 children up to class 5
- Steady contextual and applied upgrade of the school concept in kindergarten and primary section; implementation of inter-year classes and an effective realization of bilingual, interdisciplinary education
- Moving to a bigger school building in Palavakkam on 01.06.2011 with space for up to 100 children
- Resumption of school operation on 04.07.2011 and setup of secondary school up to class 7
- Strengthening cooperation with German universities
- Separation from former patrons, such as the ZfA, the German Consulate, and the Goethe Institute in Chennai for faster content development of the German International School
- Setup of an own quality management for the qualification of teachers and other employees
- Extension of the school premises to an adventure playground
- Comprehensive documentation of the operation of the school of German International School Chennai as a role model school and based on the development, a franchise qualifications concept
- Inauguration of the new school building for the secondary on 07.09.2012
- Expansion of kindergarten with admission of children aged 18 months
- Expansion of secondary school up to the 8th Class
- Registered member of the franchise association Supreme International Education
- The first parent’s committee meeting of the year was held on 31.01.2013. GIS encourages parent involvement in their children learning and achievement and also to support and enhance meaningful, inclusive and constructive parental involvement with the school management.
- The Symposium – Innovation in Education was held on the 20.04.2013 at The Leela Palace, Chennai. The objective of the event was sharing the insights on the latest holistic educational methodologies. The honored speaker lists included, Dr. Ennapadam Krishnamorthy, Ms. Anu Singh, IGCSE representative, Ms. Melanie Kells, Dean of Studies, Canadian International School.
- The German International Educational Club incorporated on 12.07.2013. A vibrant community was formed to share the expertise, experience and challenges of modern education and also several networking opportunities are planned for the members to meet other people with similar interests and ideas. The first event of the club was a Photography & Music exhibition which was held on 26.10.2013.
- One on One- Illuminate a life with Education, On 14.02.2013 this program was initiated. The overall objective of this program was to educationally well equip the underprivileged children so that they will grow into self-confident and self-reliant human beings.
- Musikgarten was initiated in 18.2.2013. Ms. Jenny recognized Pianist and a Korean Musikgarten teacher started offering an exciting and comprehensive music lessons for students of GIS.
- School website was relaunched.
- Supreme International Education’s Train the Teachers (SIETTT) program was designed and delivered by the group of experienced and practicing teachers and the modules are tailored towards the local teaching needs, all TTT courses lead to qualified teacher status. (Assistant, Junior and Senior Teacher) The aim of TTT is to make schools enabling environments for all students by empowering educators to become energetic, effective, reflective practitioners and life-long learners. During October 2014, the first batch of 40 external teachers was trained and qualified by Supreme International Education, Singapore.
- The ‘Centre Recognition’ approval was on 10.08.15 to Conduct Examinations by Edexcel for all grades.
- The school website was re-launched with add-on features on 13.05.2015
- Certificated by Supreme International Education, Singapore on 10.07.2015 as a Regional Franchise Unit for North India.
- On the 10.08.2015 we got approved for International Academic Centre for PLSC, (grades 2 to 8) and IAL, (grades 11 & 12) by Edexcel board.
- Annual Mother Earth Day was celebrated on 04.09.15 supporting environmental initiatives and to reinforce the importance of conservation and recycling.
- Associated with Mr. Sang Yun Jo, Chairman of Korean Association in Chennai on the 30.09.15 with the mission to promote programs that provide cultural and professional competent services for the Korean community in Chennai.
- Mrs. Sivakami Palanimuthu was appointed as the Chairman of our Advisory Board on 15.10.15.
- On the 11.12.2015, the ‘Virtual school Exchange Project’ was initiated, it is a technology enabled, student to student global educational project and a student blog was launched.
2016 & 2017
- GIS became the First “plant based” school in India. We took steps to support sustainability by taking recycling to another level, using recycled materials to supplement our art projects and explorations. Guided by our children, the year around projects revolved around Energy, Water use, Waste disposal, Biodiversity and Global perspective.
- GIS became South India’s first Fairtrade pilot school.
- Application was forwarded to become a member of the UNESCO Associated Schools Project Network (ASPnet)
- GIS was awarded as a ‘Compassionate School’ by PETA India for incorporating compassion, empathy and healthy eating habits into the curriculum.
- GIS associated with the Center for Teacher Education of the internationally well known as Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich (LMU) in Munich/Germany, which is one of Germany’s as well as one of Europe’s most prestigious universities.
- GIS established an association with the Academy of Educational Research and Teacher Education, the international section for teacher training at the prestigious Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany.
- GIS was awarded as India’s Best School 2017-2018 (Jury’s Choice Award) amongst the most deserving schools in India by Education Today – one of the leading education portals.
- GIS became a part of the World Federation of German Schools Abroad/Weltverband Deutscher Auslandsschulen (WDA) network. This association will further add value to the school’s system and networking connections.
- Build-up of a school campus with boarding facilities, support of the lessons by latest technologies and media, including a spacious sports ground, create many possibilities for living and recreation
- Growing within the Supreme International Education network.