Why choose GIS?
German International School Chennai is a progressive model of education that is responsive to a world that is full of learning experiences and styles. Our students not only learn the traditional academic subjects but also valuable lessons about responsibility, problem-solving, social justice and most importantly, how to relate to each other.
The German International School is a unique and important model of true community-based education. We are a school that believes children should be children.
German International school IS A PLACE WHERE…
- Our smaller class sizes mean better interpersonal relationships.
- There’s space and time for emotions.
- Love, empathy, and a passion for life are the foundation for education.
- Each learner is treated uniquely, with individual learning preferences and styles respected.
- Teachers aid learning by supporting inquiry, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Play fosters belonging, encourages cooperation and makes children happy.
- The world around us is the greatest teacher of all.
- Learning happens in a stimulating, inviting, and nurturing the environment.
- Students feel “I can make a difference in the world”.
We have always placed great emphasis on student’s emotional well being, fostering loving, caring relationships and developing a community of engaged learners. It is our focus on community building that encourages students to follow their dreams, contribute positively to society, and become voices for change.
Please take your time to browse our website and facebook page. This will give you a flavor of the great energy and spirit that exists at our school.