Edexcel, formerly known as London Examinations and the largest awarding body in the UK of academic and vocational qualifications. Formed over 100 years ago by a royal charter, the Edexcel Board is respected across the world as an advocate of quality educational standards.
Edexcel is a part of the Pearson Group, the world’s largest educational services company, comprising the Financial Times, Penguin Publishing, Pearson Education and Pearson VUE among other group companies.
Edexcel Board which is present in over 110 countries worldwide offers the IGCSE and GCE AS & A Level qualifications for schools. These qualifications are recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and students are eligible to apply to universities in India. Edexcel is one of only 5 boards accredited by the government of UK to offer IGCSE’s and GCE’s in state funded schools in the UK.
Advantages of Edexcel IGCSE curriculum: The Edexcel curriculum is one of the most recognized qualifications around the world. IGCSE courses are renowned for developing vital educational skills, including recall of knowledge, oral skills, problem solving, initiative team work and investigative skills.
Edexcel IGCSE offers a flexible course of study that gives candidates the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them, while providing them with a broad knowledge base and lifelong skills. This world class curriculum is ‘student friendly’ and helps the students to ‘think out of the box’.
- IGCSE’s are recognized as a reliable record of attainment which counts towards entry to universities and colleges around the world.
- A good grade in IGCSE English as a Second Language is accepted for entry by almost all universities in the UK, Germany, Canada and Australia as evidence of adequate competence in the English Language.
- IGCSE Science will help the students to develop scientific abilities and skills relevant to the study of science which will be of use in everyday life. Students will gain an awareness of the study and practice of science and will understand that scientific applications have both beneficial and detrimental effects on the individual and the environment.
- In India, IGCSE is accepted as equivalent to 10th grade of other Indian boards and Edexcel is one of the approved boards and an associate member of COBSE (Council of boards of school education in India).
- In India, GCE – ‘O’ level and GCE – ‘A’ level of Edexcel is recognized by AIU (All India Universities) as equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Board giving access to the bachelor degree programs at all Indian Universities
German International School is an Edexcel designated Centre for providing approved Academic Qualifications. Our Centre Number is 90963.