Ms. Vidhya’s profile
Designation: Deputy Head of Education
- Born and raised in India
- 2008-2012: Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology, India
- 2012-2014: Master of Science in International Horticulture and Agriculture Engineering, Germany
- 2013-2014: Research Fellowship awarded by the International Office, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- 2012-2016: Worked as Scientific Research Assistant in Microalgae and Biotechnology Research group, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- 2013: Internship at Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen DSM), Braunschweig, Germany
- 2012: Research Intern at M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (Father of Green Revolution), India
- Scientifically contributed by publishing my research in five International peer reviewed journals.
“As a teacher, I believe in mixing up my teaching based on the material, rather than trying to fit the material into the same pedagogical box. Teaching is exhilarating. I never feel more energized than after a class that has gone well. Students today are swamped with information from sources all around them, from blogs to Wikipedia to a 24/7 news cycle to social media. My goal as a teacher and this is also the goal of the humanities, I believe is to help them learn how to sift and analyze this mass of information for themselves. As a teacher, I aim to perpetuate knowledge and inspire learning.
The teachers at GIS represent different nationalities and a vast collective experience in international education. They possess the willingness, creativity, enthusiasm and motivation to reach all students from all backgrounds. More than that, they possess the influence for students to enter the classroom eager to learn and leave with a passion to continue learning.
I am extremely honoured and excited to be a part of GIS family.”